I don't have a domicile address in the country where I want to register my trademark. What should I do?

Photo of Igor Demcak

Written by Igor Demcak

Founder & Trademark Attorney

If you do not have a domicile address in the country where you'd like to register your trademark, it is not an issue as long as you have a legal representative who will represent you in front of a given IP office.

For example, if you are based in the UK, you can hire a US attorney or a law firm that can represent you in front of the US examining attorney. This way, you can register your trademark outside your territory and gain more protection for your brand.

Your domicile address or your company address will be included in the application and will be publicly available via the trademark registry of a given country.

Advice icon

Haven't found what you are looking for?

Our team of experienced trademark attorneys is here to help you! Simply send us an email outlining your request and we'll be happy to assist you.